Promoting my book?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Promoting my book?

Post by MauEvig » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Anyone have any advice on how I can promote my story?
I would put this under Halloween writing or another part of the forum but it's not really relevant to Halloween.
The story is called Sky Kingdom, likely the working title will be "The Chronicles of Ark'eth: Sky Kingdom" since the story takes place in my own imaginative world.
I have nine chapters written plus a prologue and I'm working on chapter ten. I'm very serious about wanting to get my story published and written and I'm going to work hard at it. I really want this book to be a success and I've been working at it for several years now.
I know there's a lot of kinks that need to be worked out in it though. Grammar, description and such I realize they need work. Right now I'm just trying to get the story out in rough draft.
What I really could use is a volunteer beta reader and maybe someone who could point me in the right direction as far as a publisher goes.
I rather not self publish unless it's a last resort...if I do I'll likely go with lulu.com.

So this is my other project other than College and Career. :)

It's basically a science fiction/fantasy type of story. I try to keep it appropriate, though there are a few more grown up themes in it. I'd say it's meant for young adults. There's magic, action, advanced technology, and drama all on a world made up entirely of Anthropomorphic animals.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection