would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Halloween Master
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: The Pumpkin Patch...where else?

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin56 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:31 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Is the Stanley Hotel supposedly haunted? That might be a fun 'haunted road trip' to make.

Mike


Yeah supposedly. Supposedly being the key word :wink:

Halloween Master
Posts: 6767
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:21 am

Let me ask you this. Is the Stanley Hotel a creepy looking old abandoned place, that would lend itself to some creepy looking photos like the Bartonville Insane Asylum, or is one of these supposedly haunted modernistic buildings?

IF it's a scary looking old building it might be worth a photo op. If it's one of these modern 'new fangled' things that was build over the foundation of a building that's no longer there, then I wouldn't waist the gas to get there.

Mike

Halloween Master
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: The Pumpkin Patch...where else?

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin56 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Let me ask you this. Is the Stanley Hotel a creepy looking old abandoned place, that would lend itself to some creepy looking photos like the Bartonville Insane Asylum, or is one of these supposedly haunted modernistic buildings?

IF it's a scary looking old building it might be worth a photo op. If it's one of these modern 'new fangled' things that was build over the foundation of a building that's no longer there, then I wouldn't waist the gas to get there.

Mike


It's an old hotel, but it's not in any way dilapidated. It actually looks quite beautiful. It seems to have been well taken care of (I guess it would have to be since anyone can stay there--wee bit expensive though).

Halloween Master
Posts: 6767
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 am

No problem. My house is also well maintained and clean, but it can look pretty creepy. I still might be interested, but it may be a while before a trip to Colorado will fit my budget.

Mike

Halloween Master
Posts: 3902
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:56 am
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Murfreesboro » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:30 am

I was curious, so I found a link:

http://www.stanleyhotel.com

Apparently this hotel has had ghost tours at some point, but I can't find an active link for that. Maybe if you go to their site and click on tours you can find it.

ETA: Oh, yeah, there it is. The tours cost a little money, like $15 or so. You can take them at night, too. If I were going, I might stay someplace cheaper and do the tour as a sightseer.

Halloween Master
Posts: 6767
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks for the tip. If they allow picture taking, I may consider it.

Mike

Halloween Master
Posts: 3392
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:06 pm
What is the highest number?: 9

Location: Eerie Acres Cemetery

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Rising Dead Man » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 am

Maybe I'm too old for these games, but I want to get a Ouija board.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Halloween Master
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: The Pumpkin Patch...where else?

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin56 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 am

Rising Dead Man wrote:Maybe I'm too old for these games, but I want to get a Ouija board.


Where exactly does one go to find one of those? I don't think I've ever seen one anywhere. I'm not in the market for one, but I am curious.

Halloween Master
Posts: 916
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:25 am
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: Minnesota

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:
Rising Dead Man wrote:Maybe I'm too old for these games, but I want to get a Ouija board.


Where exactly does one go to find one of those? I don't think I've ever seen one anywhere. I'm not in the market for one, but I am curious.


Internet for now. They use to sell at game and toy stores.
我想念我的家

Halloween Master
Posts: 3392
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:06 pm
What is the highest number?: 9

Location: Eerie Acres Cemetery

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Rising Dead Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:20 am

Some junk shops will have them.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Halloween Master
Posts: 6767
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:36 am

I imagine like anything else, ouija boards can be purchased on line, but why would you want one? They're dangerous. No telling what sort of spirit you will invite into your life.

Mike

Halloween Master
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:18 am
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: HALLOWEENTOWN

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby zoltan hound dracula » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:39 am

YES MIKE I AGREE WITH THAT,YOUR PLAYING WITH FIRE IF YOU BRING THAT BOARD INTO YOUR HOMES,I WOULD LEAVE WELL ALONE OF IT 8)

Halloween Master
Posts: 1428
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: The Pumpkin Patch...where else?

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin56 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:17 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I imagine like anything else, ouija boards can be purchased on line, but why would you want one? They're dangerous. No telling what sort of spirit you will invite into your life.

Mike


I'm not interested in getting one. No Captain Howdys in my life, thank you very much. But I also have never seen one so I was curious if they were easy to come by.

Halloween Master
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:18 am
What is the highest number?: 10992

Location: HALLOWEENTOWN

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby zoltan hound dracula » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:23 am

Pumpkin56 wrote:
Pumpkin_Man wrote: I imagine like anything else, ouija boards can be purchased on line, but why would you want one? They're dangerous. No telling what sort of spirit you will invite into your life.

Mike


I'm not interested in getting one. No Captain Howdys in my life, thank you very much. But I also have never seen one so I was curious if they were easy to come by.

HEY PUMPKIN56,YOU MUST OF SEEN ONE ON MOST HAUNTED WHEN YOU WATCHED THAT PROGRAMME HUH 8)

Halloween Master
Posts: 6767
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:23 am

Re: would you ever consider taking part in a seance?

Postby Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:24 am

IF by "easy to come by" you're refering to ouija boards, I'm sure they're sold on line, and I even think that some of the gam companies, like Whipman or Parker Brothers makes them. If, however, you were refering to Captain Howdies, then I couldn't tell you, since I don't even know what a "Captain Howdy" is.

Mike


Return to “Halloween General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests