ToT'ing with apartment living.

What do you do when you Trick or Treat?
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

ToT'ing with apartment living.

Postby Punkin » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:30 am

Hello there! I am new around these parts but have been a longtime lurker. I have decided that I needed to join so I have someone to talk to about my love of Halloween because my boyfriend is starting to think I'm bonkers.

Anyways. I live in a small apartment complex that does not participate in ToT'ing, meaning the door stays locked that night. It's a nice neighborhood with a ton of kids and single family homes and it gets pretty busy on Halloween night. I would love to give out candy this year and am debating just sitting outside in the cold with a bowl. Is that crazy or has anyone else done something similar?

Halloween Master

Re: ToT'ing with apartment living.

Postby NeverMore » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:01 pm

Ever hear of Trunk-or-Treat? Decorate the trunk of your car and hand out candy from there. That way you can go to where all the action is. Hope you don't live in a cold weather state.

BTW: Your boyfriend is right, you are bonkers. :wink: But that's a good thing around these parts.

Ghost

Postby Punkin » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:04 am

Chicago! But that is a good idea. Hopefully no one calls the cops barbecue there is a chick in a car offering kids candy.

Halloween Master

Postby Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:53 am

Yes, you'll probably have to go where the kids are, since parents nowadays tend to shepherd the young ones to well-known neighborhoods, where the homes are highly decorated. I see nothing wrong with sitting outside holding the candy, though. I usually do that myself, costumed as a witch, and I live in a single-family home. Trunk-or-Treat might be a good option for you as well.

Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Postby witchy » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:34 am

Dammmm, NeverMore beat me to it, but I agree with Murf!! Ha ha ha!! Gotcha!! :wink:

Halloween Master

Postby adrian » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:30 am

my church did a trunk or treat last year the weekend before Halloween. I participated in the decorating part and to my surprise, it was a lot of fun. it was like decorating a bunch of mini porches.
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

Halloween Master

Postby jadewik » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:22 pm

You could contact a local church and ask if they're having a party you can crash. If you give 'em your contact info now, they shouldn't get all weirded out by the crazy Halloween aficionado.

The other option would be to go to a friend or family memeber's house and pass candy out there. I did that when I lived in apartments.

A third option would be to reverse-trick-or-treat (or go "Boo-ing") and drop candy off at friends houses. I did that when I lived in the dorms at the university.

Return to “Trick or Treating Chat”